When considering big change
An implementation strategy defines a path for the near term and a reasonable trajectory for the longer term:
- Clearly articulate a vision for the near term
- Define depth scales of how to pull it off
- Define a trajectory for moving forward
Don’t rush into implementation, with a high risk of repeating your mistakes.
- RFP development and selection process
- Initial impact assessment (centering on a one day decision-making workshop)
Whether you are moving one site into a new system (a migration) or many properties into one or multiple systems (a rollout), planning is essential.
Migration isn't just about moving the bits.
- Content inventory dashboards (leave Excel behind)
- One-day workshop to do an initial migration estimate
David Hobbs wrote Website Migration Handbook v2.
When implementing ongoing change
A lot of things can go wrong during implementation, especially making decisions based on expediency now that hurt the long term focus and quality. We help guide implementation and ongoing maintenance of your web presence.
Unfocused sites happen during the slow day-to-day erosion of short-term decisions.
David Hobbs wrote Website Product Management: Keeping focused during change.