Play from the beginning or jump in:
- ▶ The Seven Steps (2:30)
- ▶ 1. Divide the content into manageable pieces (7:31)
- ▶ 2. Define quality and migration expectations (14:18)
- ▶ 3. Take time to understand implications (19:36)
- ▶ 4. Sequence meaningfully (23:15)
- ▶ 5. Generate content manifest (25:59)
- ▶ 6. Migrate and re-assess as you go (27:03)
- ▶ 7. Redirect and launch (31:47)
Note that in the slides steps 4 and 5 are flipped (the list above is correct).
About David Hobbs
David helps organizations with large, complex digital presences.
He helps organizations before large-scale transformations, to define the overall vision and also to define content transformations. Clients include the Library of Congress, Novartis, the Center for Internet Security, and World Resources Institute. He draws on his experience as a CTO of a web development shop, inside organizations in large digital rollouts, and as a consultant.